Monday, August 18, 2008


Thanks to Krystal I found a funny but true post. I had to repost it:


growing up in the 80's

you've ever ended a sentence with the word 'sike'

you watched the pound puppies

you can sing the rap to the 'fresh prince of beair' and can do the 'carlton'

girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy

you yearned to be a member of the baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own

you owned those lil' strawberry shortcake pals scented dolls

you know that 'woah' comes from joey on blossom

two words: hammer pants

if you ever watched 'fraggle rock'

you had plastic streamers on your handle bars... and 'spokey-dokes' or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect

you can sing the entire theme song to 'ducktales'

it was actually worth getting up early on a saturday to watch cartoons

you wore a ponytail on the side of your head

you saw the original 'teenage mutant ninja turtles' on the big screen... and still know the turtles names

you got super excited when it was oregon trail day in computer class at school

you made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt i na knot on the side

you played 'mash' (mansion, apartment, shed, house)

you wore stonewashed jordache jean jackets and were proud of it

l.a. gear... need i say more?

you wanted to change your name to 'jem' in kindergarten

you remember reading 'tales of a fourth grade nothing' and all the ramona books

you know the profound meaning of 'wax on, wax off'

you wanted to be a goonie

you ever wore flourescent clothing

you have ever pondered why smurfett was the only female smurf

you took lunch boxes with thermos' to school... and traded garbage pail kids in the schoolyard

you remember the craze, then the banning of slap bracelets

you still get the urge to say 'not' after a sentence

you remember hypercolor t-shirts

friendship bracelets

owned one or more pairs of jelly shoes

after you saw pee-wees big adventure you kept saying 'i know you are but what am i?"

you remember, 'i've fallen and i can't get up'

you have ever played with skip-it

you had or attended a birthday party at mcdonalds

you remember popples

'don't worry be happy'

you wore like eight pairs of socks over tights with high top reeboks

you wore your socks scrunched down

you remember boom boxes... and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that

you remember watching both 'gremlins' movies

you know what it meant to say 'care bear stare'

you remember watching 'rainbow bright' and 'my little pony tales'

alf, from melmac

new kids on the block when they were cool

you knew all the characters names and their life stories on 'saved by the bell'

you know all the words to bon jovi- you give love a bad name

you sang those words to yourself

you remember watching magic vs. bird

homemade levi shorts... the shorter the better

you remember when mullets and rat tales were cool

you had a mullet

you still sing 'we are the world'

you tight rolled your jeans

you owned a banana clip

you remember 'wheres the beef?'

you used to (and probably still do) say 'what you talkin about willis?'

you had big hair and used lots of aquanet for your bangs... the wave

3 comments:

Shana said...

I think of myself as child of the '90s, since I don't remember most of the '80s, but a good chunk of this list applies to me.

Brandon and Erica said...

that's pretty hilarious. I think I seriously had a moment where I felt like I was 5 again. Popples?! I loved Popples!

Eric and Kassi said...

Wow, I haven't heard of Popples in the longest time! I remember a bunch of these too, but I was too little to be wearing my shirt in the knot at the side. My sisters did it though. Good Times!