
Wow, can you believe that just northern CA alone has 800 fires thus far and expecting more!
Wildland Fire fighters are such hard workers! Not only are they there when they put fires out, but they cut trees, cut line(meaning make a road for the fire not to cross), clean shrub so that fires do not start or can be manageable. They give up sleep to save homes and families or even wild life. They are always on the go and never really complain. I mean who really thinks caring 50 lbs of weight hiking miles a day is worth the money? Well if it weren't for these crazies we would all be burning. Someone has to have the passion, I just WISH it was not someone I love. LOL
For those of you that don't know I am dating a wildland firefighter (yes, I know you are thinking "isn't he an electrician?" Yes he is but in the summer he does firefighting.)
I ABSOLUTELY HATE fire season! It is NOT easy being in love with one AT ALL!
I hate it for many reasons... Lets just name a few...
- SO dangerous: For example he let me know that they had to "run to saftey". They had to stay in the saftey zone because otherwise they would have been burned over. Scary- sometimes i wish he did not tell me that stuff.
-He works a minimum of 2 weeks and only 2 days off. Ok so those 2 weeks usually is 28days. That is almost a whole month. And like with these stupid CA fires he gets his 2 days off, but needless to say he takes them in CA so therefore I do not get to see him on his time off.
*This sucks!!!**Esp when you miss your best friend.
-No cell service: Most of the time he does not get service so there are some fires I don't get to hear from him. No fun at all. If I cant see him you would think the next best thing is talk to them but NO! Not only that sometimes he is soooo tired that he cant stay awake for another second to call. Esp in 24 hour day cases.
-I MISS HIM!!!: What is a summer when the person you love more than anything is not around. You don't have dates because your date is gone and you don't want or feel bad being the 3rd wheel. You have no one to share your day with or feelings with. No one to hold you when you don't feel well. No one to share fun and exciting times with as well as sad days. You go to their family reunion without them, or family parties without them, you do EVERYTHING without them! And VERY FEW people truly understand or care. *****YOU FEEL SO LONELY*****
There are other reasons and thing that go on that are just so hard to explain. The best way to explain it is your best friend and person you care for more than anything being out somewhere it is dangerous and you can not share your life with for 6 months. It is not fun! It is sad! It is very exhausting on your relationship, Not easy and again not fun.
As for these CA fires... I feel so bad for all the people having to be evacuated, the firefighters working so hard with very little rest. The whole thing is sad. I could not imagine my life burning before my eyes. But i want to give a shout out to my wonderful boyfriend. I love you and so many people are grateful for what you are doing. I know I do not ever sound grateful, but i do think you are wonderful I just wish you were with me. What can I say I am a selfish brat.
Babe, I love you!
1 comment:
Kaime...I would agree with all of your "Reasons you Hate Fire Season". Yes, that sucks.
BUT...lucky for America, there are people like Gee that sacrifice their summer (and seeing their LOVER) for protecting and saving others. They don't get enough credit in the media. Maybe KSL will stumble upon your blog :-)
Post a Comment